Wednesday, April 8, 2015

RAISING CONFIDENT GIRLS AT TPH


Dear Readers,
I hope you had a great Easter Holiday break. I had a fantastic time with girls from This Present House Church The Dome, Lekki, speaking to them about Inner Confidence and offering them practical tips. 

Below is a summary of what I taught.

What is Inner Confidence? It means that you are totally and completely at peace with who you are in every moment, interaction and experience. You make no apologies for being awkward, nervous, excited, loud, soft spoken or other... you are just YOU.

The steps below will help you to increase inner confidence

Self love: You cannot love others unless you love yourself. These are the ways you can love yourself more: Take care of yourself, eat good food, exercise regularly, don’t put self down, accept yourself the way God made you, believe in your abilities, believe what God says about you, be thankful.

Self Knowledge is all to do with how well you know and accept yourself. These are the ways you can understand yourself better:  Reflect on the way you behave, know your strengths and weaknesses, focus on your strengths, practice more at what you are good at.

Clear Goals: People with strong inner confidence have clear goals. They know where they are going. These are the ways you can have clear goals; Have a strong sense of direction, know what you want, ask for what you want, make plans to get there. Make sure your goals are SMART, that is specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely.  Example of a Smart Goal - By the end of this term, I want to get A's in all my subjects. 

Positive Thinking: As a person thinks so they become. In order to develop or increase inner confidence your thinking has to be right. These are the ways you can improve positive self talk; Never put yourself down, never say you cant, trust your maker, don’t speak negatively, believe in the best possible outcome.

Scriptures to help with confidence
I am loved with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3)
• I am the apple of His eye. (Proverbs 7:2)
• My name is engraved in the palm of His hands. (Isaiah 49:16)
• I am carried through every storm. (Mark 4:35-41)
• I am wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
• I am watched over day and night. (Psalm 121:1-8)
• I am forgiven. (1 John 1:9)
• I am rejoiced over with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

Link to short video clip of the event at TPH



No comments:

Post a Comment