Tuesday, October 13, 2015

WORDS DO HURT



I remember a season when someone close said something that cut me deeply. I tried to pretend that it didnt hurt because I recalled the poem which says ‘Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me’. Who was I kidding? It nearly broke me.

It's all in the past now and these days, with a group of women, I am passionate about raising confident girls and giving them tools to face the bullies, stand up for themselves and be confident in who they are.

Here are some points to note

Be careful what you say to others and only say what is beneficial. Not every thought has to come out of your mouth. You can hold back.

It takes years to build a relationship but a split second to destroy it by what you say to others.

If you have said something hurtful apologize and really mean it.

People will forget what you said, people what you did but they will never forget how you made them feel. (Maya Angelou)



No comments:

Post a Comment