Sunday, October 11, 2015

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL




On this International day of the girl child, I would like to remind girls that they are valuable. The nuggets below are a reminder on how to find your value.

Recognize Your Value
How can you know your value if you don’t recognize that you are valuable? That is the question. In order to feel valuable you have to recognize who you are. As a Christian, I recognize that my value is from God who tells me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I recognise that I made in HIS image. I am assured that I am of inestimable value. In fact if you were to price my value, I am simply priceless.

Accept Your Value
When you recognize your value then the next journey is full acceptance of who you are. So that includes accepting your strengths as well as your weakness. When you accept your value you can work on your flaws. What I have come to realize on my journey to accepting my value is that we all have hang ups. There isn’t a person, on this earth that doesn’t feel insecure sometimes. Even if they look like that have it all together, trust me they struggle in some areas but they just focus on their strengths not weaknesses.

Increase Your Value
Once you accept your value then you can start to increase your value. You can increase your value by dedicating your life to doing your best and being excellent. Invest in yourself.  Learn a new skill, read more and give more.  You can also increase your value by improving on the skills that you lack. So for example you may want to be a public speaker so you start reading around and practicing everything you can on public speaking. Sooner or later your increased value and posture will start attracting people your way who will offer you opportunities.

Believe Your Value
When you have recognized your value, accepted your value and increased your value, then you have to believe in your value. You have to believe with all your heart and with your entire mind and with all your soul that are indeed valuable.

The different between accepting your value and believing your value, is that once you believe in your value, you start walking in the power of your belief which includes taking action. You will also present yourself like a person who is valuable by improving your posture, mannerism and attitude.


It’s not enough to find your value and keep it all to yourself. Once you are there, you should dedicate your life to making others feel valuable too. That way everyone benefits. 

Happy International Day of the Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment