Sunday, November 16, 2014

A GIRL CALLED VALUABLE


Once upon a time there lived a girl called Valuable. She lived in a two bedroom house in the rural part of town with her parents and two sisters. It did not matter that she shared a bedroom with her sisters, she knew she was valuable. 

Before she went to school she brushed her hair, cleaned her teeth and made sure that her uniform looked clean and ironed. Valuable’s parents’ did not have much money but she did not mind because she knew the most important things in life were free.

Valuable did not stress her parents out for all the latest items that her friends had, because Valuable had learnt to be grateful for what she had.

School was not a problem for Valuable. She did very well. She spoke up in class but if she didn’t understand a question she was bold enough to ask for help. She surrounded herself with friends that loved and appreciated her. There were no issues with bullying because Valuable stood up for herself. Valuable did not seek or need validation from her friends because she knew she was valuable.

Sometimes during break she chose to be on her own and walked around the school by herself appreciating nature.

She cultivated such an inner strength of confidence and was not easily swayed by what others thought about her. Valuable was a pretty girl but she didn’t let that get to her head, because she knew that what is in the inside, is what mattered.

So what made Valuable feel so valuable? She said “ I didn’t always feel like this. I used to doubt myself until one day I started believing in myself and my own worth. I know I am as valuable as anyone else. I know who I am and who’s I am so I just decided to be the best me possible and to thank God for making me, me.”


THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment