Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WHAT MAKES A GREAT SUMMER CAMP?


When I was growing up in London, my mum always booked me up for summer camp. Summer was never boring for me. I went to overnight camps and also ones run by the local church or school. Since relocating to Lagos, I have also conducted and delivered exciting summer camps in my local neighbourhood. From our camp research, listed below are factors that make a great summer camp.

FUN FACTOR
Any parent that sends their child to summer camp to learn just literacy and numeracy will not have a happy child. C’mon, children have been working hard all year round and the last thing they want to do is school work during summer holidays. The children just want to have fun and lots of it. So look for summer camps that have exciting activities. Your child deserves it.

VARIETY
Variety they say is the spice of life and who really wants to spend summer just doing one activity? Not children. Their minds are alert and they want to learn new and varied topics. So don’t get caught up in sending them to a summer school that caters for one skill only. They will get bored. Trust me.

CREATIVITY
Children love getting creative. Drawing, building, music, beading, dancing, making things or writing things down; They love them all. Look for camps that have a wide range of activities. You don’t want your child coming back from camp with excess energy and saying things like “I’m bored”.

BONDING
One reason I loved summer camp was because it was an opportunity to meet new and interesting people. When I went away for summer camp, I met a friend called Dionne. Even though I haven’t seen her since I was 10, I always have fond memories of our friendship. Things havent changed today. My children love making new friends at summer camp.

ADVENTURE
To keep the children coming back to camp, you should look for camps that offer adventure. Maybe they will solve a mystery case or a treasure hunt or unusual sports activities. Children love adventure.

LIFE SKILLS
Finally look for a summer camp that will deliver important life skills that will make your child stand out and have a competitive edge. These skills may include leadership, public speaking, communication and etiquette. Do your research and ask around for reputable summer camps.

I wish you the very best in your search.

Valuable YOU summer camp starts from 13th July for 9 days at Teeky Arena and Events place

Venue: Teeky Arena & Events Place, 19, Kunsela Road, Lekki By Conoil Chisco Bus Stop Lekki Lagos (3rd Round About), Lagos.


Gate Fee: N15,000 per week (Monday to Wednesdays)
Full program only N36,000 for 9 days
Snack Pack, Camp journal and certificate of participation included

How to pay
Majestically Rare Limited, Skye Bank 1771277214 (write name on bank teller)

Call 08068997439 



This is joint collaboration between Majestically Rare and Teeky Arena and Events

Contact Rita for more information at ritaokoyeis@gmail.com or rita@majesticallyrare.com




No comments:

Post a Comment